Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Off-Net call forward from Hunt Pilot

Status
Not open for further replies.

dudecrush

IS-IT--Management
Apr 2, 2007
US
Hello - I've got a Call Manager version 11.5.1.14900-11. I have to add two technical users to help answer calls for a technical team. Unfortunately, these 2 guys aren't on our domain (we don't have a trust with that domain, either). Since their laptops are also on this separate domain I can't just give them soft-phones.

I've decided to make a hunt pilot to call their cell-phones. I've created internal extensions that are set to forward to their cell phones. I then created a hunt pilot and line group to receive the calls. The hunt pilot works so long as the phones aren't being forwarded. Once they are forwarded off-net, the call rings 2-3x, then rings busy. I cannot find the call going through our voice-gateways, so I think it's getting blocked.

In RTMT, the hunt pilot calls show this pattern:
487 error – “Request cancelled” (from internal phone sent back to the subscriber)
480 error – “Temporarily not available” (from subscriber back to extensions)
487 error - “Request cancelled” (extension back to subscriber).

The Hunt Pilot has been set to use the forward settings of the line group member. Also, I've checked the box to "Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask". Still, I'm getting 2 or 3 rings and then a busy. I've got a TAC open with Cisco, and they're reviewing logs.

Has anyone else has had this problem and solved it? Starting to think that Hunt Pilots can't forward off-net.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

are you just forwarding the internal extension of the users in question to their cell phones?
Using the CFNA and/or CFA always on the line itself?
If so that will not work. The hunt pilot will not follow that and over right it. Thats why you dont see the call going out.
You will need to use the remote destination and remote destination profiles to get the cell phones to ring as past of that hunt group.
You will need to activate the mobility feature for these users. Let us know if you have specific questions on this feature.

Yes - I'm forwarding the call to the internal extension of the user, with the internal extension being forwarded to their cell. The hunt pilot has a "Use Forward Settings of Line Group Member" so I thought that would work.

Regarding the "remote destination profile", are you referring to the "Forward Unanswered Calls" radio button within the Hunt Pilot itself, or the ones listed under Bulk Administration? If the latter, I'm not familiar with them. Where do you apply those profiles? I don't see that as a field in the Hunt Pilot, DN or phone itself.

The "Use Forward Settings of Line Group Member" actually has a bug ID - CSCvm72535. For the fact that its misleading. In 12.5 its better - Use Forward Settings of Device that Forwarded to Hunt Pilot

"Remote Destination Profile" is under the "Device" menu.

If you dig up on how to do Single Number Reach, this is basically the same concept just modified a bit.

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice
CCNP Voice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back