Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Off hook in CCM

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarlJVT

IS-IT--Management
Feb 23, 2007
US
I'm running a CallManager 4.1 system with about 250 or so 7940, 7941, 7960, 7961 phones. Is there any way to see if a phone is off hook in CCM? I need to reset the phone from time to time and I don't what to cut anyone off.

Its EITHER THE RESTART/RESET but one of them waits for calls to finnish before clearing down the phone.

Hope this help.

AJ

===

Fatman Superstar (Andrew James)

CCNA

Ah, I think it's Restart (helps when I read);). Only bummer is you can't do a mass Restart.

If they are all in the same Device Pool, reset them from there. Open the Device Pool and then restart Devices.

also another option, especially if you need to do a full reboo/RESET of the phone -

when you pull up the phone in the callmanager web GUI, you can click on the ip address of the phone - and then see if theres a live call in progress by looking at the current streaming statistics (Stream 1) -

You will know if theres any activity

Do you mean by watching the Sender Packets count?

dont have access in front of me at the moment, but click the phones IP address and then click "Stream 1" on a live test call

and then hang up and click stream 1 again on the same phone when idle, you will see the many differences in the counters and stats for teh stream, quick glance will tell you when theres an active call or not without having to call the user or go see if they are on the phone or not

Another option could be an add-on application called Remote Phone Control. Berbee wrote and sells it on their site berbee.com. I've used this app in the past and it's quite slick. Have to keep NetBios running so that's a bummer and the price is a bit high, but you can see every phone in your organization just like your sitting in front of it.

The Attendant Console directory has an icon next to each user showing whether they're off-hook or not. Hope this helps.

JSB

I Agree with Bach06, AC is best way to see all phones in organization on one screen.

D.K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back