Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

# of rings before transferring to another extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niko Suave

Technical User
Sep 21, 2022
US
One of our users would like ext 1 to ring 6 times, then after 6 rings it transfers to ext 2. Does Avaya CM have this functionality? I can set ext 1 to Coverage Path 6 (for 6 rings) and I also see a "Hunt after coverage" button in the coverage path menu. If I build a custom coverage path can I check that button and set it to transfer to a hunt group? I might be answering my own questions lol, just want to make sure I have this down.
we're running Avaya Aura SM 8.1.3.7
coverage_6_mno9ci.jpg

Thanks

Niko Suave

You don't need to check that box in order to cover to a hunt group, the syntax is hxx where h designates that the cover point is a hunt group and xx is the hunt group number. h99 is your voicemail hunt group number as you can see on point 1.

ok I've created a custom coverage path that terminates to my custom hunt group that is set to ext 2.

that sound like something a reasonable tech would do? lol

Niko Suave

Why not put ext 2 as the second point of the cover path?

I briefly considered doing just that, but we have about 70 other users that have coverage path 6 assigned to their numbers. I thought it would be easier to just make a custom Coverage Path, but it does sound like a waste of a path lol

Niko Suave

Just create a new path for this scenario, we have LOTS of cover paths that get used for various programs/departments. In the end, what do you want to do? Ext 1 ring 6 times then ring an associate if they're busy/unavailable? You could do that with a cover path or set up a bridged appearance of Ext 1 on Ext 2, or create a custom cover path for Ext 1 that has Ext 2 as the first point and h99 as point 2 so that the call still goes to the voicemail of Ext 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back