Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

# Of Rings Before A.A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

latinj

Vendor
Dec 1, 2005
US
? #1 I have a 406 IP Office w/VM Pro and I know how to control the number of rings before going to the AA day greeting ,my problems is I would like it to go immediately to the night greeting at the desired time with no or 1 ring instead of the 6 rings I have it set for during the day
? #2 At night after transfering to an extention instead of ringing the ext. I would like it to go directly into ext. VM box
thx J

You can send calls direct or delayed to the VM Pro with shortcodes.

Example:
Direct
SC = *99
TN = "shortcodename" ( max 12 chars, must be unique)
Action = VoicemailNode
LineID = 0 ( must always be zero )

delayed
SC = *99
TN = "#shortcodename"
Action = VoicemailNode
lineID = 0

Couple thoughts on how to make this work... Not 100% on this, as I can not test right now... but trying to work through the logic of it.

Possible Solution for #1

1. Create a Time Profile for your night hours.

2. Incoming Call Routes - Choose this Time Profile in the Night Service Profile and set Night Service Desitnation to your AA ... so VM:AA <-- Where AA is the Name of the Auto Attendant Module in VM Pro.

I'm guessing you now have the calls come into a hunt group, when they are not available it rolls to the VM for the Hunt group which goes to the AA... Having call route go VM:AA will go straight to AA.

*** NOTE! *** This will go directly to AA with PRI line (0 or 1 ring), Analog lines if you have Caller ID will require 2 rings that incoming caller will hear, to gather incoming caller info before IP Office will pick up and use incoming call route.

Possible for # 2

***This will require that your users have a User Right Form created for their business hours assigned to them.

1. Create a new User Rights Form - This will be for AFTERHOURS -- (Might be smart to copy another rights form and just add the below info for DND so the users have all of their normal buttons in AFTERHOURS)
1a. User Tab - Check - Enable Do Not Disturb
1b. Select - Apply User Rights Value
1c. Go to Tab - User Rights Membership
1d. Go to SubTab - Members When Out of Hours and select the users you want all calls to go directly to VM after hours.
1e. Click OK

2. Create a new time profile for WORKING HOURS

3. Go to Users
3a. User Tab - toward bottom - User Rights area and select the time profile created above in the Working Hours Time Profile.
3b. Select the User Right Form if not already assigned. ** This will be for during Business Hours
3c. Out of Hours user Rights - Select the profile created above for AFTERHOURS.

This should allow your user's programmable buttons to be as they were during working hours and will turn on the DND for after hours allowing calls to go directly to VM.

Hope this helps...

Tekcetera Support

or for ? #2 you could make another vmpro shortcode to match the one you all ready have, but instead of the transfer action, you can use leave mail action.

so, you would need to create another shortcode in manager to go to that new "Night" voicemail menu. You would create a time profile like TEKSUPPORT said above and in the Night Service in the ICR you would put that shortcode for the "Night" menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back