Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OEPEN ACCESS-FILE ON COMPUTER WHO DON'T HAVE ACCESS 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosarve

Programmer
Aug 7, 2001
SE
Someone who can help me??

I'm making a survey. I'm going to send away an access-file with mail, and the should answer and send it back. The problem is that some of them don't have Access!! Someone who have an idea who I can solve this problem?

I have heard about a "help-programme" (Run-time?) who I can send to them so the can open the access-file and fill it in. Have someone a clue?

Someone who have others tip - please inform me!

/Marcus

If you have the developers edition of Access you can make a runtime (.exe) version of access, but if you don't have the developers edition I think the other people using the program have to have access installed.

Tell me more about the developers edition. How kan I make a runtime version??

/marcus

First, it is not possible to create an EXE file out of a MDB file.
The so-called "runtime" is a full operational version of Access but without the database window and it can be distributed royalty-free (be sure to consult the ACCESS ONLINE ENCYCLOPEDIA at ,chapter "runtime" for details!).
Second: since there seems to be heavy interaction between you and the users I would suggest that you install your MDB on a webserver and perform the necessary updates with ASP (provided all your customers have internet access).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back