Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

oeordlin_sql shipped_date questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

prog_0927

Programmer
Jan 3, 2022
US
Progression 7.9.310. I have been reading and had a few questions about shipped_dt. When there is a date present on a line item, is that enough to allow it to be moved to "Shipped" status and invoiced and moved to the OELINHST table, or are there other checks that are involved? We are attempting to reimburse warranty parts' via a negative qty with a MISC item_no on the same order as the part, using the SDK. Manually doing it in Macola has no issues and the $$ always comes out right in the end. However, to get it to post automatically, we need it show a shipped_dt from our Wisys and Wisys does not like shipping a Negative QTY (which is understandable). If shipped_dt for those refund lines were inserted via another Wisys grid or SQL would that be enough for the system to accept or are there other checks Macola goes through before changing the status to "7 -Shipped"?

In oeordlin_sql there is a column 'select_cd' that is set to 'S' when it is shipped. I'm guessing your MISC item is a non-stocked, non-controlled, or a phantom item therefore there wouldn't be an inventory transaction.

Your best bet if you're going to do this with a Wisys grid is to use the OE Confirm Ship object and have it ship the MISC item. I've never tried to ship a negative quantity so your mileage may vary.

Thank you for the information, that is exactly what I was looking for, will try it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back