Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OE removed access to the following unsafe attachment in your mail 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrJorde

Technical User
Aug 20, 2001
US
I have OE 6.0 on my Win 98 machine. I keep getting the"OE removed access to the following unsafe attachment in your mail" message when a friend attaches a gif or jpg file. How do I fix this.
My Win 2000 machine with OE 6.0 does not have this problem. What can I do?
Thanks DrJorde
Webmaster

Go to Tools--Options--Security and uncheck the box "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus".

Another star awarded... shame Microsoft can't document such a setting... even in the help files of OE itself!

Will

Mseng's Tip worked great on my Win 98 machine! My Win 2000 Pro machine gets mail somwtimes with the pictures blank. I checked it's tools/options/security... and it is not checked. Why would it allow some pictures and not others? Is it the sender? The same sender has forwarded me many others with visible pictures. DrJorde
Webmaster

what about XP, I don't see this in this on the Security Tab?

ProDev, MS Access Applications
Visit me at ==> Contact me at ==>lonniejohnson@prodev.us

May God bless you beyond your imagination!!!

I have XP, and the setting is there.
Open OE. Click on Tools -> Options.
Then, go to the Security Tab and near the top you have a Check-Box with the message:
"Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus".
Uncheck this.

hth,

Will
[borg2]

LonnieJohnson, it won't appear unless you've installed IE 6 Service Pack 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back