Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OE Attachment Issue;NOT the USUAL one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pritska

Technical User
Aug 13, 2001
KE
I have taken the tick out of the security tab in Tools, Options, and also changed the zone to Internet Zone, from Restricted Zone.

My problems is that I get some attachments but some emails there is NO attachment, even though when I check the emails on another computer, using Outlook, I get the attachment.

I am using Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1123, which I think is the latest one.

Wierd one, any thoughts peoples?

Can the attachments be seen by double-clicking the messages (not previewing them) ? Has Explorer been set to show all files ?

The attachment cannot be seen IN the message, it's not embedded. When I look at File/ Properties, it shows me that the message is a large file, and it takes the associated time to download, but then nothing. The type of attachment also varies, so it's not one type of file that is not visible.
Yes, explorer is set to show all files.

If you try to forward the e-mail with invisible attachments, does the attachment become visible?

Jenny May

no. I have checked with one of the senders. He is using Outlook to send. When forwarding the email with the invisible attachment, it sends quickly. It seems that it's only sending the text part of the email, not the whole amount of bytes that came in. Problem is definately with the computer and/or Outlook Express on this particular machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back