Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

oe & ie will not print

Status
Not open for further replies.

vlier

Programmer
Dec 11, 2000
US
i'm running xp home edition.
outlook, internet explorer and msn explorer will not print. all other programs, (such as word) print fine
in explorer, i can change print settings, and it is set up for the default printer, but when i hit print, nothing happens, I've tried with the printer dialog open, nothing is sent to the printer.
one thing that may be related is if i try to use the search (start-> search) nothing happens, search dialog does not open on the machine.
pls help

i have opened Dcomcnfg.exe, expanded "computers" and did not see the "default security" or the "default com security" tabs.
I've read about dcomcnfg .exe permissions causing strange behavior, but i do not see the settings to change the default access permissions.
i really do not want to reinstall oe and ie and have these old permission settings still in control, any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back