Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OE 6 - Print problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

aexley

Technical User
Jul 9, 2001
GB
Recently downloaded IE6 and (thanks again Bill) what used to work fine has now become a dog. Express now only prints the header for any emails, the body consists of one or several blank pages with the occasional thin line. IE6 prints fine as do all my other programs.

Any suggestions before I uninstall and try again?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Also when you spellcheck a message I get the error 'Outlook Express - An error occured while spellchecking this message' However if I click spellcheck again it runs fine and continues to do so until I close OE and restart it.

I also am having the same problem. I find that it doesn't affect all emails, but I can't isolate the problem. Attachments don't print either....

PLEASE, PLEASE HELP!!!

Unfortunately, the only solution I came across was switching to Microsoft Outlook. Due to a technical fault I then had to reformat my HD and reinstall everything. It works now but I don't use Express anymore as we now have an IT guy who has sorted the 'can't open attachments issue' with Microsoft Outlook.

Regarding:

Attachments don't print either...

As far as I know attachments will only print in full if you doubleclick them and print from within whichever program they open with.

Sorry I can't be of anymore help.

aexley

I noticed that the occassional "thin line" is the underscore that accompanies the email addresses that are within the text body of the message.

Seems extrememly weird. The proper number of pages print, as if the text was printing in white.

Interesting point and one I hadn't noticed before. Just as a little coincidence one of the other machines in our office has just started doing the same thing. Am going to try changing the text colour.

aexley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back