Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Odd XHTML Validation Errors 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuloch

Programmer
Jul 28, 2004
US
First, thanks to everyone who helped with suggestions in my other thread. I did some cleaning up and rearranging, but there's a rather odd problem now with validation.

Here's the validation link with source code.

Everything on each page checks out just fine except in my <head> tag. It acts as though head isn't opened, but it's there plain as day right after <html>. If I comment out my meta and link tags, the page validates, but if any of the meta or link tags are left public, it flares up the errors.

Everything that has to be just-so is copy/pasted from the w3schools.com site. And - oddly enough - my home site has almost the same header but none of the problems.

I haven't a clue what's wrong. Any see what I don't?

It may be erroring because you're using XHTML syntax but declaring it as HTML in the doctype. Have you tried switching the doctype to XHTML or changing your <meta/> tags to <meta>?

Er... yeah, that would about do it. I just now noticed that the XHTML doctype page on w3schools has *both* HTML 4.0 and XHTML 1.0. I was copying from the wrong one.

Always the stupid little things, I tell ya... Anyway, thanks for the help. I'll doublecheck it in the office tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back