Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Odd Word Behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

f510Yes

Technical User
Dec 1, 2006
US
Hello All
The user has a word doc with some titles underlined. Some of these titles are on the side and not in the middle of the page.
Say he wants to make one of the titles bold, highlights title and hit the bold option, the entire document changes the format and become bod and on top pf that, underlined just like the title. Another quirk is attempting to take the underline already in the title; highlights the underline title only, presses the underline button and entire document loses format (meaning rearranges spacing or moves a sentence to the next time or misaligns other sentences words. Clicking undo a few times takes it back to the original document settings.
What gives mates?

Strange.
Are there any settings in word> By the way, even when i do this in my word (on my PC) same thing occurs.

TIA
Angelo

It's a bonus feature of product (LOL)

Please look at:
May be try this first:

Do CTRL/END to go to the end of the document. Preess the delete key and hold for a few (couple) of seconds. Press the backspace key to delete the last character of the document. Retypr the last character. Try changing your format. Please report back as to whether that worked or not.

Member- AAAA Association Against Acronym Abusers

And try using your own Styles. Using styles properly will get rid of this kind of stuff. As that link states:
But if you use Normal style for most of your paragraphs and apply direct formatting to change the appearance of specific paragraphs
The solution is do NOT use manual format to paragraphs - use proper styles. It is how Word is designed to be used.

Gerry
My paintings and sculpture

Hello

The first suggestion above fixed the issue

Thanks to all

Can also be the problem within the 'style' that under 'Format' 'Styles & Formatting' the particular style had the tick box 'Style' 'Automatic update', hope this helps too.

Hello All
It happened again. Looks like I'll run with the last suggestion and tackle each style in the single word document.
Thanks
Angelo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back