Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Odd Vendor Report Behaviour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 5, 2006
CA
This is in our Macola ES 372 environment, I have confirmed the behaviour on our test ES 9.5.100 box.

On both the A/P check register and pre check writing report there are lookups for Vendor number. When I try to run this for my vendor '2' it gets replaced with '122947'

(Vedors 1 & 2 are intercompany vendors, most others are six digit numbers)

There are no business relationships between these two vendors and no obvious connection in the data. i.e. neither company shows the other as "parent". I have no reports of this happening with any other vedors.

When the Pre Check Writing Report is run for all vendors, we do get good data for Vendor 2. I am able to select and view both vendors normally on lookup screens. It just appears that the report selection screen is messing it up. The SLC files have not been modified.

I really don't get this. There must be something in the data that I am missing.

Any ideas?

I have run into a similar problem in cicmpy when the cmp_code, crdnr and crdcode aren't in synch. If your vendor numbers are numeric, these should all be the same, if they're alpha-numeric then cmp_code and crdcode should be the same;

Code:
select cmp_code, crdnr, crdcode, cmp_type from cicmpy where cmp_type = 'S'

Try this query and look at the values for the vendors you are having problems with.

Peter Shirley
Macola Consultant, PA and surrounding states.

Thanks Peter,

This is one of the first things that I looked at. (we are out of sync on Customer numbers) We are Alpha, not numeric.

The data is the same with the exception of the padded spacing that we get with the Alpha records.

cmp_code crdnr crdcode cmp_type
2 2 2 S
122947 122947 122947 S

There certainly are other records in our system that are not in sync. But the two in question seem to be.

What is in the view that is created? For example the pre-check writing report creates a time stamped SQL view called vw_SelectedPayments_HHMMAM (or PM). You should be able to open this view and see what number the view is finding as the creditor number.

Peter Shirley
Macola Consultant, PA and surrounding states.

OK, that one is a new trick for me, Thank-you.

It seems this query is built after clicking start on the report filter screen. So the query includes the clause:

WHERE ... (A.CreditorNumber BETWEEN '122947' AND '122947')

Again I tried to use "2" as the vendor number.

So my issue is right up front when the data "2" is typed into the Vendor no. field on the report filter screen. Tab off the field and the "2" gets replaced with "122947".

I even tried without the tabbing. Clicking on Start, will cause the field to be replaced as well.

Just for kicks put 122947 in the starting vendor and 2 in the ending vendor. Let us know the results, or lack thereof.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

Don, I did not think of that one!

Unfortunately the "2" still does not stick. Tabbing off the field or clicking 'start' replaces the value.

Jay,

If you look at the raw data in the cicmpy table, what are the values of the 2 vendors listed? Please include leading spaces.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

Don, here it is... (please read the next post too!)

My target data:

cmp_name Char(50) "TIERRA SOL CERAMIC TILE INC. "
cmp_code Char(20) “ 2” That is a 2 prefixed with 19 spaces
crdnr Char(6) “ 2” Prefixed with 5 spaces
crdcode Varchar(20) “2” No spaces

The resulting data:

cmp_name Char(50) "24-7 TRANSPORT INC "
cmp_code Char(20) “ 122947” Prefixed with 14 spaces
crdnr Char(6) “122947” No spaces
crdcode Varchar(20) “122947” No spaces

Peter,

I added the company names above to answer your question.

I also followed up on the name of the 122947 company. It does start with the "2" that is used in the search. It had occurred to me that this might be an issue, but I choose not to believe it.

Now, this baffles the heck out of me. I went into my test system and changed the company name to "Twenty Four Seven"

I don't know if this is where you were going, but my report screen now successfully 'holds' the "2" search criteria and correctly runs the report.

So in the report select/filter process there is cross pollination between the labelled "Vendor No." and the actual Vendor Name! There are real companies with names starting with numbers.

As I said this baffles me. So I guess we need to be more careful with our Vendor and Customer names when they beging with numerical characters.

Thanks for helping me through this guys!

Jay - just confirming your findings. We ran into the identical issue a few months ago on the customer side. We also changed the offending customer name from numbers (first 3 positions) to alphas.

Don,

I have confirmed the behaviour with another 'numeric' vendor account. Now that I can duplicate it, I will report it. One more for the big black binder!

Jay

Jay,

Not surprisingly, I don't have access to this request. However thanks for the update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back