Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Odd thing on a 1616 phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepp77

Vendor
Oct 30, 2008
GB
I have a user that has the following showing on their phone

DSC_0015_zpsrf7cvct9.jpg

They get it when logged in at different sites within their SCN, so it is not phone dependant.

I have never seen it before and have looked at all the obvious places I can think to look, but not seeing anything to cause it.

I haven't deleted and recreated the user yet as it is not service affecting and I want to find the cause if possible.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

| ACSS SME |

Hey Pepp... Looks like the absent message on the old Phone Manager to me.

I thought it might be a softphone/phonemanager thing, but the system was installed at 9.1 and they have never used phone manager. My colleague says he saw this when they showed him R10, it is what is displayed when you call someone and they are on an active call but with a spare Call app to allow you to ring rather than go directly to voicemail.

| ACSS SME |

It must be written on to the new firmware in preparation for R10 but is being incorrectly triggered, as Avaya loves buggy stuff :)

Is it a message put on via One-x portal client browser log in ? It looks like it to me :)

With 4400/6400 phone you set a absent message from the phone menu.
This message is shown on the phone and when on DND it will be shown on the display of the caller instead of the DND message.
It also can be set with PhoneManager Pro, One-X portal and maybe within the softphone apps.

Nevermind that, your labels aren't aligned correctly... you must have left scaling turned on when you printed them :)

F00k, I wont be able to sleep tonight now that Andy has pointed out the misaligned labels! [surprise]

ACSS - SME
General Geek

I didn't intall this one :)

My labels are mm perfect!!

| ACSS SME |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back