Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Odd-size mouse plug...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hey guys-

Hope I'm posting in the right place... if not, my apologies.

Here at work, we have this one computer that's dedicated entirely to one piece of software used for making signs. The mouse went out on it, and needs to be replaced. The plug is slightly larger than a regular PS/2 port, but still circular, and has 9 pins instead of the normal 6 + plastic rectangle thingie.

Anyone seen a port like that before? I'm trying to find a manufacturer, a name, anything.

Thanks

-brendan

I believe what you may have is a Bus Mouse. They are not very common anymore, but I believe that Logitech was one of the main manufacturers. They made the Bus Mouse and also an ISA card to plug the mouse into.

Regards,

Sean

I did see a BUS Mouse at COMPUSA recently -- no idea what it costs, but I suppose it's a Ted Kennedy Method (If you have to ask, you can't afford it) mentality. Last time I did look(sans: 1995), they were about $79.00 for the mouse and the bus card.

That is a serial mouse which was the standard on most sytems until PII or atx boards arrived, they are still widely available from most places like pcworld.

Richard Baker
RFBaker@BTInternet.com

In the UK, most computer stores will have a cheap adapter to convert this to a standard mouse plug. Must be the same in the USA! I have a small collection here!

There are adapters that you can get (very inexpensive) that can convert your mouse to fit the connection.

if I am reading this correctly, you'll want to get an

AT->PS/2 adapter
mostly used with older keyboards to fit the PS/2 port

Karl
kb244@kb244.com
Experienced in : C++(both VC++ and Borland),VB1(dos) thru VB6, Delphi 3 pro, HTML, Visual InterDev 6(ASP(WebProgramming/Vbscript)

No,...it's NOT an AT adapter to PS2 or anything of the sort. It's a BUS Mouse, and it runs on a special card in the computer. There are no adapters. One either buys a new mouse, and installs it as PS2 or Serial, and removes the BUS card, or buys another BUS mouse. Since they've stopped making BUS mouses (sp? mice?) about 8 years ago... Cheers,
Jim
reboot@pcmech.com
Moderator at Staff at Windows 9x/ME instructor.
Jim's Modems:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back