Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Odd request

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbmstr012

Technical User
Dec 20, 2003
CA
I was asked a very interesting question that I don't know the answer. A user asked me if I could display a meesage asking the user if she was sure to move this file/folder just like when you delete a file.

Anybody know how to do that.

That would wreak more havoc and be more annoying than they think. There is no way to do it natively in 2K, but im sure some shell programming can do this.

..imagine what program would do when trying to copy files to directories while you're installing it. ;) At least now, copy/move prompts only when overwriting existing files - as it should. Just tell them no, it's not possible...and be thankful that it doesn't work that way. :)

pbxman
Systems Administrator

Please let Tek-Tips members know their posts were helpful.

LoL... I know, I just had to shoot the question to find out if it could be done.

thanks for your time,

Wbmstr012
System Administrator

There is one way make everything READ ONLY (not advisable) Might make it hard or even imposible to UPDATE any thing and will wonder why none of there work has been saved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back