Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

odd query issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

finglem

Technical User
Nov 14, 2003
GB
Hi Folks

Bit of a weird one this. I've got two access databases same version of access, exactly the same structure (just store info for two websites)

I go into one and do a simple query and I get back the expected results. Go into the other copy, and paste the exact same sql statement and I either get a "data type mismatch" error or a "driver may be out of resources" error

Been driving me mad for days.

Anyone got any ideas?

As i say it's just a simple query:

SELECT Order.* FROM [Order] WHERE (((DateValue([Date Ordered]))>#01/01/09#))

Thanks

You may have an invalid date in [Date Ordered] in the second database and the select is choking on it.

Greg
People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use. Kierkegaard

It's sometimes easier if you only post questions once, so we don't have to repeat the answers in: thread701-1572025

Greg
People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use. Kierkegaard

Thanks for responding

Sorry for posting twice..Couldn't find the first thread..thought i must have done something stupid!! Obviously did!!

I wouldn't have thought an invalid date was possible as it gets populated by the program at the front end if you see what i mean, if one was wrong, I would expect all of them to be wrong.

I suppose the data could be corrupted I'll look into it in the morning and let you know.

Thanks

Hi Thanks

There was indeed a null value in one of the date fields. checking for not(isnull([date ordered]))
seems to return the expected data.

Thanks again

finglem,
You might want to thank traingamer by giving him a star. That way, he gets awarded and others know the thread has been successfully concluded.

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

Majp actually answered it similarly (and earlier) in the other thread, but I didn't see it until after I posted.

Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back