Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Odd problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

heyitsthephoneguy

Technical User
Jul 31, 2002
US
Has anyone encountered this before? I'm trying to change a station, but when trying to enter the ch st XXXX command, DSA/ASA reports "transient data conflict detected". The station seems to work, and there are no errors reported when testing the port. I am able to display the station, busy & release it, but not change or remove it.

Any ideas?

TIA,
Steve

Bisu out the station first and then make chnages to it by giving ch station xxxx command.

Share Knowledge and Gain Knowledge
Nagesh Pai

I've seen this before, and I think if you busy the port as opposed to the phone then it should work.

Cheers

Hi Armo2,

I just tried busying the port, then changing the station. Same result. I then released the port and tryed changing the station. Same result.

Anything else? Please!?!

Try Stating the station and see what the status is, did you try and x-out the port, then assign another port by TTY-ing the phone in - are other phones on the same line card experiencing the same problem?

The phone extension isn't in a different range that what is available in your dialplan is it?

CH

You can also status login's to see if someone else is in a change mode, or you can display system maintenance and see if the system is doing its maintenance testing while you are changing things. This would also cause this error.

Also list history and see what errors are being producted when you try to save the form.

Netcon1
(Mark if Useful!!)

Do a status logins to see who is logged in and giving what commands.

It also could be that the system is making a back up to flash card.

have a look at display system maintenance to see at what time the daily maintenance starts and if a save translations is being performed. Please let me know if the information that was provided is helpfull.
Edwin Plat
A.K.A. Europe

The status station command shows the extension as being in service / on-hook.

The extension is within the dialplan. It was just upgraded from Analog to digital. The extension worked in the past. The last change I made to the extension was changing the type & port #.

I forgot to specify that the set had a display. Once the caller complained about the display, I tried to change the station and encountered the problem.

The weird part of this problem is this....all tests run on the port return fine. There are no errors in the log and the backup ran fine last night. When I had the user un-plug his phone, the switch saw it and reported it in the error log.

I know it's not the set since I couldn't make changes once the phone was un-plugged.

Not sure if this will help.
Try to do a dupe of the station and give it a port x
Then see if you can delete the stubborn one.
If this works reassign the duped staion to the port with the changes you need.

Sounds like station corruption if maintenance is not running and you cannot change the form.

Easy way to tell is to change another station feature like a button or speed dial and save. If this works and the one in question does not then corruption on that stations software flag exists.

Again check the "list history" log for ERROR conditions on translation changes. If they exist or ERR... codes show up in the history log, then corruption is in the switch and AVAYA will have to be called to fix the flag problem.

Netcon1

NETCON,

Maintenance is running...the backup was completed without issue & there are no unresolved errors in the log...

I've seen the same thing on my switch..it killed me for like a week. The only way I got it resolved was:

1) save translations
2) busy/release port
3) reseat board attached to station
4) hard reboot of the switch

not sure which one exactly fixed it - but the problem went away between the reseat board & hard reboot. The other admin hard rebooted after the call center's hours at the end of his shift :)

If you have that same opportunity - give it a shot. Note - nothing appeared abnormal in alarms/errors either..
pbxman
Systems Administrator

Please let Tek-Tips members know their posts were helpful.

Well how things change when you get back from a Holiday. I left this problem while I went away since it wasn't really affecting the user and the switch seemed to be stable...

WRONG.

The backup did not run...and thus a minor alarm was triggered. Since I wasn't around to address the alarm, it became a major alarm since the backup didn't run for 10 straight days.

The solution to this problem?

reset system 1

I tried everything listed above without success, so I finally started down the reset road...

Just an FYI in case anyone else gets this error.

Most of the time that I have seen this error TTI was set to on in the System-parameters features options. Turn off tti save translations and attempt to make your change. This should clear the problem!

fonedoc [thumbsup2]

There are usually two places to look.

First, status TTI and verify that it is 100% complete. If not, change sys fea and set TTI to 'n'. Wait until status tti shows 100% complete and then turn it back on.

Second, status log and see if a phantom login has something going on. You should be able to do a reset login X - where X is the login number on the far right to clear it.

Third option is to start at reset system 1 and go up from there. Often a reset 1 will clean up several of the tables.

The last thing I would do is a reset 4 unless your backup is recent and you don't make many changes. James Middleton
ACSCI/ACSCD/MCSE
Xeta Technologies
jim.middleton@xeta.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back