Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

odd problem with merge

Status
Not open for further replies.

teletechman

Technical User
Aug 27, 2008
US
I have an IP Office 406V2 R4.2.23, when I go to merge a setting the manager comes back with an error "failed to save the config data.(command could not execute due to other system activity)" This was working fine a month or so ago and I have made no changes. Tried a repair install and checked the firewall to make sure it is disabled with no other program blocking that I can see. It does have McAfee AV on it but does not seem to blocking this program.
Mike

give the IPO a reboot - perhaps tftp ports are blocked / locked

ACSS - SME
General Geek

CallUsOn.png

1832163.png

Just got back info from the customer, she said that she could make the change to the config and send it without a problem from another PC on the network so it can't be a blocked TFTP port. Still not sure what is causing this.

Doesn't sound like an IPO issue then. Have you tried rebooting the PC you were trying to make the changes from? Was it via remote access?

R.A.F.
Communications Solutions, Inc

We are what we repeatedly do; therefore, excellence is not an act but a habit - Aristotle

If a man does his best, what else is there? - General George S. Patton

Have tried to reboot, it is remote via a program called Kaseya but the user is also trying to remote desktop to it and has the same problem.

RDP is verboten with IP Office Manager. You should never use RDP to access the server to make changes. I personally do this sometimes (I slap my own wrist every time), but it can cause problems especially if there is another RDP session active or the console is logged in at the time.

Alex is correct RDP can cause issues
especially with VM Pro
If I am forced to use it the first thing I do is install VNC & then never touch it again

if all you are doing is IPO config changes then there is no need for a connection to the PC anyway, used dial-up networking Via ISDN & connect directly to the IPO.

I do not Have A.D.D. im just easily, Hey look a Squirrel!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back