Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

odd problem in 2000 terminal server

Status
Not open for further replies.

indigloindiglo

IS-IT--Management
Aug 24, 2005
US
I'm not sure what to call this problem, but some of my users when logging in to terminal server have access to everyone else's personal folders. As in I have 2 users that when they hit the start button at the very top where internet explorer and the like would be they just have a listing of every one in my company's personal folders. I believe there are 2 users that I know of this is happening on. I have checked active directory and they are in different departments with no common thread that I can attribute the problem to. Anyway I have no clue what to search microsoft help for as I'm not sure of a good way to describe this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Is the Terminal Server the same server that houses the home directories? If so, check to be sure that you dont have the Everyone group set on NTFS permissions as they are different from share permissions. Good Luck!

"Experince That Counts

No, we have 3, a mail server, terminal server, and another one that houses all the user folders.

Right Click Properties on your Users share on the file server and check the Share Permissions and the NTFS permissions. That would be the first place to start... There has to be some variable that connects the share/folder to the users that are getting access.

"Experince That Counts

I certainly don't see anything that would only be giving those 2 access, and they are only mapped to their own folder. I honestly have no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back