Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Odd Printing Problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pomeroys

Programmer
Jul 31, 2003
US
My office uses Forms Developer for creating our application. Within the app, the user has the ability to print out a bunch of different reports depending on what information they need.

All of these reports come out of the printer the way they're designed... except for one. This report is supposed to come out Landscape style, however, it comes out Portrait style over two sheets of paper. I've looked at every setting I can think of and even compared it to other reports that work perfectly, to no avail.

Has anyone ever seen this happen, or know what may be going on? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Do you print it landscape? I mean printer settings.

Regards, Dima

I've tested printing without modifying any page setup/printer properties, and then manually selecting landscape. Every test has resulted in the same bad report coming out of the printer even though the Report Previewer displays it the way I want it.

Do you pass ORIENTATION=LANDSCAPE to report?

Regards, Dima

I have Initial Value for PF_ORIENTATION set to Landscape. When the param form comes up, it shows Landscape.

Changing this to Portrait prints the same thing as keeping it at Landscape.

I suppose that PF_ORIENTATION is user parameter, that is processed in some report trigger to fill ORIENTATION system parameter. So, there's probably a type there.

Regards, Dima

No, it is a Parameter Form field which allows the user to change the System Parameter ORIENTATION. The sys param is also defaulted to Landscape.

Hi pomeroys,

I dont know this will work or not.
You should look into the object navigator.
This Report may have wrong setting in the layout model.
I think to convert the report into the Lanscape you also have to set the layout margin accordingly (Body).

Try checking this out.
May be this will work.

I'm using an older version of Reports Builder (Developer 2000), so there's only one place to set page length and width (which I think is what you're thinking of zeelovesu). Those page settings are set 11x8.5 for landscape.

Well I dont know much about developer 2000,
but if its so old u should think of getting an upgrade.
Developer 6i is quite flexible in these situation.

Hey I know this may sound stupid, but if u have the RDF file u can build a new report and may be this will work.
It sometimes happens that u try every thing and there is some bug that just refuses to go.
But if u make the report from scratch it just goes away.
If the report is not that complex u can try to build it.

May be this will help.

Regards Zeeshan

Yeah, we've been thinking that may be the only way to go, but we want to make sure we've exhausted any other solutions.

As for moving to 6i, we'd love to, but the Program Office controls the money and they've refused to foot the bill for development environment upgrades for the last 4 years I've been here. If I remember correctly, 2000 isn't even supported anymore.

Finally fixed the problem. The System Parameters MODE and DSFORMAT had to be changed to other values. This may not be a problem in 6i, but look at that if ever you have this problem.

I keep getting the following message when trying to print a report. 'REP-1804. Unable to open the printer definition file 'dflt1'.

In the parameters, I have set the Initial value of the destination type to 'Printer'. I have also changed my REPORTS_PATH to point to where the Reports are on my local machine. Where is the printer definitin file?

Hi

The printer definition file is in the OracleX\ReportsXX\Printers\*.prt
There you must have a dflt1.prt file so as to execute the report
In this file the height and width of the page are included (mostly in Character Mode reports)
You can change in the user parameters of your report the name from DFLT1 to DFLT

Regards JohnMeli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back