Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

odd page print booting WIN98se system

Status
Not open for further replies.

nilgadog

Technical User
Apr 3, 2001
US
I have a lexmark injet printer (model optra 40) that when it boots up every time, it prints an odd message on one sheet of paper. I have installed the most current driver and checked lexmark's website for help, but their suggestion does not fix the problem. The page print and eject happens as the bios information finishes reporting its business on the monitor and before the WIN98 splash screen appears ...

Is it when you boot the printer or the PC?
If printer try disconnecting it from the pc and see if it still does it.
If PC then I would check to see if your BIOS settings have anything for reports. Also let us know the model compyuter you have or atleast the motherboard model.

Also what is the message that it prints?

Regards Please provide feedback, good or bad.
And I'm always open to new suggestions or ideas.

Regards

This occurs when the PC is booted. This inkjet printer model does not have a "on/off" switch. I have checked various settings in the BIOS with respect to the lpt port. I have set the BIOS for standard print mode, ECP (and some other option that I cannot remember at the moment) all with the same result.
As for the message it prints it is something like this:

"Offending Error
Stack: "

on one sheet of paper at the upper left side of the sheet and the page is ejected.
One clarifiying note, this does not happen with warm boots nor with hard boots using the reset button. It only happens with a cold boots.

The message that is printed everytime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back