Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Odd Issue With Incoming Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

cipher7836

Technical User
Dec 20, 2010
US
IPOFFICE 500V2

Every so often when our remote users (who have landlines that their extensions are forwarded to) call in they get either a busy signal, or just dead air. One user called from his 407 area code number, and consistently got a busy signal after 4 calls. On the 5th call the system status said he was connected, but there was just dead air. When I call from the same area code as our phone system I have no problems. It connects all the time.

I noticed similar behavior when I dialed our 800 number from my cell. Same area code as the system, but my call connected and there was dead air. However, this user is calling the direct number. We have users in Texas that have reported the same issue. We're a charity and we have some donors from across the country that say they have the same issues, and eventually just give up calling us at that particular time.

I thought maybe we exceeded our channels, but on the 407 test case only three other calls were on the system.

Any ideas???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back