Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Odd DID Behaviour in Night Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

FAdvocates

IS-IT--Management
Mar 14, 2006
US
Greetings all!

I have a strange situation, and I am unsure how long it's been going on. I can only presume it's been happening since their system was initially setup.

We've got DIDs coming in from a T-1 provider. They are sending me three digits, just like my phone switch needs to see to match up with the dialplan (100, 101, 102, 103, etc).

In normal operation, all of the trunks are members of a 790 calling group, which overflows to the 777 group immediately (no delay for the AA).

When you dial 292-1705, you will ring extenion 105 - and it works great on all the other extension numbers during the day OR in night service.

Here's the odd thing: For some reason, when we dial 292-1700 in night service, you get the AA's night greeting instantly, instead of the attentdants personal box at ext #100.

Is this behaviour normal, if so what do I need to do to get it to stop?

Magix R3 with Merlin Messaging R2.5 12port

Thanks
F/A

Why yes it is. I was under the impression that was necessary in order for the Magix to know "who" to signal that you were now in night service. (Since the VM is in "follow switch" mode)

I'm guessing that is not the case, and that is in fact causing the problem? :)

Would you mind briefly explaining why it's behaving like that? I thought DID's completely bypassed all of the night service logic? Your posts always so easy to understand. Thanks MM!

F/A

Actually, there is a little "GLYTCH" concerning Night Service and D-I-D.

I am not sure that this will explain your issue, but I think it might.

You are not going to like this, but here it is.

When D-I-D extensions are assigned to night service, D-I-D Extension that rings will ring at ALL D-I-D Extensions.

Merlinman,

In the Legend System Planning guide, release 6.1 on page 4-54 under the heading "Nite Service with Group Assignment" the opening paragraph says:

This section contains instructions for setting Night Service so that any call that comes to the operator console while Night Service is in effect rings immediately at each available telephone in a defined group and/or at a desinated calling group. Calls ring immediately even on lines/trunks set for Delay Ring or No Ring.

Is this the "GLYTCH" you are refering to?

**FAdvocates would you please post a print of the Nite Service config for your system?

I don't think trunks used for DID service should be in ANY calling group or group assignment, whether they are used for one-way or two-way traffic! Their address (DID) is at the global system level.

Might this be the cause of the problem?

....JIM....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back