Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Odd Aloha Request

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngrySpider

IS-IT--Management
May 7, 2005
US
Hi everyone,

I have been posting all of my odd POS issues on the board lately, specifically Aloha, and have been getting some good feedback. You guys are great.

I have a strange request from a store of ours using Aloha TS 5.2x, and I figured I would throw it out to the experts to see what you thought. This is going to sound odd, but keep in mind, it's not my request.

The restaurant wants to charge the server a 1.50 for linen fees for their uniform cleaning. Yes, I know this sounds like Scrooge has risen from the dead and opened a restaurant, but I happen to know this company has a very good rapport with their employees and takes good care of them. I assume there is something behind the scenes motivating them to do this (taxes maybe?), but I didn't ask.

What the mananger envisioned was a $1.50 charge that would show up on the check out report automatically when the server clocked out, but they are pretty flexible in terms of it's application. The only two criteria they really gave me was:

1) They don't want it showing up as sales. That rules out a simple solution, like putting a button on one of the submenus.

2) If possible, they'd like it to be automatic. Say, for example, when they check out, $1.50 would automatically be deducted from their tips. They'd also like it to show up somewhere on the check out report, but I don't think this is critical. As long as the know the money is being deducted, they'd be ok with it.

It never ceases to amaze me the strange things these people want the systems to do :)

Your helpful replies and sarcastic comments are welcome! Can anyone think of a creative way to do this?

Thanks in advance!

Have you tried experimenting with setting up an item called Linen Charge and setting it up as a revenue item.
Revenue items do not reflect as sales, that is how gift cards and certificates are setup, so the sales don't reflect till they are redeemed.

Bo

I'm a man,, I can change,, If I have too,, I guess. (Red Green)

Bo,

I sort of goofed around on our demo unit, and I don't really see any way to do this. Can you be more specifc?

Thanks.

Set up an item as a revenue item.
Server rings themselves up and keeps their receipt for proof.
Being a revenue item it shouldn't reflect on the sales but should be on the check out report as revenue items sold.

If this doesn't work for you then I don't know right now, you may also have to do this with a live machine, not demo, so you can see the reports.

Bo

I'm a man,, I can change,, If I have too,, I guess. (Red Green)

you could also just set the charge in a custom checkout

Ezcrane,

I like the sound of that, but it sounds complicated. I am guessing it's not as simple as opening one of those dbase files and putting in there. I would never be that lucky. :)

Custom checkout is actually a text file and is rather easy to setup. Refer to Aloha AKBID1059 for more details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back