Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ODBC user and password in CMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

aks12

Technical User
Nov 10, 2005
US
Hello,

I uploaded a Crystal report to Business Objects using an ODBC connection to a SQL Server. The DBA does not want me to have the SQL Server login credentials so I asked our BO server admin to create a DSN on the BO server. Can the report on the BO server use the credentials stored in the DSN or does somebody have to enter them also in the CMC? Our BO server admin does not want to be in charge of maintaining credentials for specific reports.

why not setup a generic read only password, for access to the "crystal world",, that way you can set it via the BO administrator

That's the funny thing, it was a read-only password for the "crystal world" that was set up. The data being accessed though is highly propietary and the DBA doesn't want a generic login floating around.

So I take there is no way to configure BO to use the DSN (which already has the password hardcoded into it) and avoid inputting DB credentials in the CMC?

I found the answer to my own question...

The DSN does not actually store the password, so the credentials have to be filled in manually in BO. I'll let my BO admin know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back