Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ODBC SQL Server Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hi All,

I am getting the following error when using the JDBC:ODBC driver provided by Sun that comes with the JDK 1.3.0 / 1.4.0

java.sql.SQLException: [INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server driver]Optional feature not implemented. Error i
n parameter 1.
at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.createSQLException(JdbcOdbc.java:6106)
at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.standardError(JdbcOdbc.java:6263)
at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.SQLExecute(JdbcOdbc.java:2564)
at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcPreparedStatement.execute(JdbcOdbcPreparedStatement.java:214)
at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(JdbcOdbcPreparedStatement.java:136)

Please can anyone let me know whats have gone wrong???

Thanks and Regards,
Sudhendu

Hi,

I dont think this is a ODBC issue as such. What SQL command are you trying because in Personal Oracle (for example) some features such as bitmap indexes are not installed and you therefore get such an error - "feature not enabled"?

rgds
Matt

Yes I agree....the fact that you threw an SQLEXception rather than a driver not found error seems to corroborate that theory.
However you are NOT using Oracle or you wouldn't be using an ODBC:JDBC bridge.
Which database are you using? Adabas? I am trying to figure out which driver you got from Sun.
Can you tell us what platform you are trying to develope on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back