Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ODBC SQL error message

Status
Not open for further replies.

jab2

Technical User
Feb 27, 2003
GB
Recently downloaded poker prog. from net to enable play on the web. At first could log in etc. Now proving impossible. I get the log in screen which leads to a message "connecting to server", After a bit I get 1 of 2 messages;
1 Microsoft ODBC SQL server driver . Timeout expired.
2 Microsoft ODBC SQL server driver transaction process(D99) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as deadlock victim.

The site involved is popular and their software works for others I know so I assume something is wrong with my machine.
Please note I am NOT very good on the finer points of computing so if anyone can help please keep it simple!!!

Using win98 on a Viglen PII with IE6
Thanks
jab

Problem resolved. By accident I discovered that somehow the date entered on the macine was wrong. This seems to have caused the problem
jab

It may also have been the date format or date separator in regional settings. Also altering the the list separator character can cause havoc with ODBC applications. steve.campbell@autotrader.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back