Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ODBC Setup not saving password

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvannoy

MIS
May 4, 2001
US
I am setting up an ODBC connection through the ODBC manager in windows. When setting up the connection I checked "check for SQL authentication" with the user name of "sa" and my password..well going through the rest of the steps works fine..I even test the connection ..no problem. then i click OK to exit. then If I go back into the connection I setup the password is gone and the connection failed. is this a windows problem or a SQL problem?

Thanks DVannoy
A+,Network+,CNA
dvannoy@onyxes.com

ODBC administrator does not save the password in the setup. Terry L. Broadbent
FAQ183-874 contains tips for posting questions in these forums.
NOTE: Reference to the FAQ is not directed at any individual.

OK..so when I setup the ODBC config on a users PC..should I use put there user id that was created in SQL as the users name in ODBC manager??

Thanks DVannoy
A+,Network+,CNA
dvannoy@onyxes.com

It really doesn't matter what you use in the ODBC setup. The login should be controlled by the application. Terry L. Broadbent
FAQ183-874 contains tips for posting questions in these forums.
NOTE: Reference to the FAQ is not directed at any individual.

Its logical that ODBC will not save the password since its your app which should pass the password for security validation. The initial ask is just to test for connectivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back