Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ODBC question

Status
Not open for further replies.

valtary

IS-IT--Management
May 25, 2001
ID
I have to troubleshoot asp stuffs that's using odbc connection into sql server, using crystal report.
The server was crashed and reformatted from Win2003-SQL7 into Win2003-SQL2000, and the application can not gives out the report...

I modified the error in rpt file and it gives me :
Error returned: 20614 meaning: Starting background processing failed. (on IE it'll gives "User session has expired")

I'd checked the rpt itself and it gives me the right report, so it shouldn't be a problem with the query string in the report.

hence the problem may lies in the odbc and the connection string in asp.

my first question is, should the login in dsn file setting be the same with the connection parameter in the asp file ? or can I use the file dsn with different valid SQL login in the connection string ?

Thanks in advance,

Unfortunately, I cannot help with asp although with on ODBC connection, since you are downgrading, did you have it originally set to use SQL Native Client or SQL Server. Native client did not exist for SQL 2000.

You may need to reset the report connections as well.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving wasn't meant for you!

Well, that's just what I did few days ago...more and less...made new db user and set the report to use that new user instead...along with that changing the username and password in the asp file.

Thanks for replying though.
Anyway problem is solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back