Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ODBC Linked Table not showing all Fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

szumerspirit

Programmer
Jun 28, 2006
US
I have a table linked via an ODBC connection to an Access 2003 database. There are many other tables linked thru the same dsn connection from the same datamart with no problems. However, when linking this table, it only shows half of the field list.

If I look at it thru a different GUI I can see all of the fields, but thru Access it cuts it off halfway. All the records are there, just not all the fields. I have relinked, refreshed, linked to a new DB, tried a new DSN, I am out of ideas.\

Has anyone seen this before? Is there a limit to the amount of fields that can be shown? Is there any way around this? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. this is for a project that is needed by COB or the latest first thing tomorrow, and must be done in Access. Of course linking this table is the last step!

Thanks
Jami

Is it cutting off consistently at the same point? What is the field name of the first field that it is NOT showing? Perhaps Access is having a problem with a field name. What is the datatype of this field?

It is consistently stopping at the same spot the 257th field out of 449 fields.

The naming convention is the exact same as those above it, and the datatype is the same as well: Long String; 15 characters

Thank you for your response. I was provided with the answer on another board. Access has a limit of 255 columns. Which is why it is cutting off where it is. I have to now find a work around.

Thanks

out of 449 fields
Really ?
Have a look here:

Anyway, as the foreign database's dba to create some views you may link to from access.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back