Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ODBC link to SQLServerdb read-only 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsmits1975

Technical User
Mar 4, 2005
BE
Good afternoon,

I created an ODBC link to a SQL Server database, so my linked tables in my Access 2000 db directly link to this db. I can access the tables and read the data through the links, but I can't add or delete any data, even if I give all rights to everyone on the SQL Server table objects. Would anyone happen to know how to handle such an issue?

Thanks.

I believe in sql server (at least with a .adp file), you have to have primary keys for any table you want to add/edit info in. Do your tables have PK's in them?

Paul

Thanks PaulBricker, this was indeed the problem. I hadn't set the primary keys, when I did and refreshed the links it worked perfect!

Glad that helped. I've got a couple .adp databases set up, but I've never linked a .mdb file to sql server so it was an educated guess. Thanks for the star.

Paul

Thank you PaulBricker - really got me out of a spot with this exact problem - Many, many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back