Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ODBC Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobdeng

MIS
Oct 14, 2004
GB
I have just changed PC's and am having difficulty getting my Informix ODBC Driver to work.

We are running Informix on a Unix box, and using Informix driver v 3.32 32bit which was working without any problems on my old PC (and still is)

However, on my new PC I am getting the following error:-
The displayed locale and codeset have not been found on the client machine. Using these locale/codeset will result in a -23101 Unable to load locale categories error. Please install the locales.

The locales being specified in the driver configuration are en_US.CP1252, and all ODBC Registry Entries are identical on both my old and new PC's.

Please Help

Informix error messages saids

Unable to load locale categories.

An invalid locale name was supplied for the locale initialization. The environment variable specifying the locale category has a wrong value.

Check the value of the corresponding environment variable, CLIENT_LOCALE or DB_LOCALE. If this error was encountered when using the "SET COLLATION" statement, check that the value passed to the statement is a valid locale. If this error was encountered when using the "SET NO COLLATION" satatement, check that the session's default locale file is still available. Also check if INFORMIXDIR points to a valid directory where IBM Informix products are installed.

If a client application receives this error when it requests a database server connection, check that the client and database locales are compatible. They are compatible if a valid locale exists on the server computer with the name lg_tr.codeset@mod, where lg_tr (language and territory) and mod (locale modifier) are from the CLIENT_LOCALE and codeset is from the database locale (from the DB_LOCALE, if it is set, or as stored in the database).

The first thing to do is to check informix setnet32. Be sure that the INFORMIXDIR is the same as where you installed the klient.
Next thing is to check the spelling of CLIENT_LOCALE and DB_LOCALE. Maybe your new PC is case sensitive?

good luck
regards
Thorkild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back