Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ODBC Error at the time of running a report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajrev

Programmer
Sep 25, 2003
US
Hi
Problem @ the time of running a report it says
ODBC Error--> if i click ok then
it says, Error detected by database DLL.
Same steps repeted once again.
May I know what is the solution for this problem.

Using CR 8.5 / SQL Server

Thanks in adv.
MK

------------------------------------------------
"The error message: Error Detected By Database DLL occurs when Crystal Reports does not understand a message from the database driver. This document lists the various scenarios that cause this error message, and explains how you can resolve it. Applies to version 6 or higher of Crystal Reports."

------------------------------------------------

Cheers,
- Ido

CUT, Visual CUT, and DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Are you using stored procs, views, or tables?

If you're using a stored proc, try executing it on it's own in Query Analyzer using the same parameters you're passing from Crystal.

All of the 534 errors I get are caused by either procedure problems, or permissions (on the procedure) problems.

-dave

I am having the same problem did you ever get a solution?

Thanks s-)
Kim

Try posting specifics.

The error is common if the ODBC isn't properly configured, or something hs changed within th dtaabase, and a myriad of other reasons, you'd want to post your version information for CR and the database, which connectivity and how you're executing the reports.

-k

I had the same specifics as rajrev. Crystal 8.5 SQL2000.

I am trying to create a report based on a query in MSAccess XP. It worked prior to XP in WIN98, but now doesn't.

Thanks s-)
Kim

I didn't do any thing, its working good for me.
MK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back