Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ODBC Drivers error '80020009'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashvin

Programmer
Aug 5, 2000
MU
Hi,
I'm getting the message "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC drivers error '80020009' Errors occurred ?" in an ASP page. This prob. occurs when I try to display a field from an SQL Server 7 database. This is strange since I've already displayed some other fields from the same table at the top of the page and I don't get this error. Can anyone please explain what this error is about ?
Thanks !!

[sig][/sig]

Hello,

Not quite sure what you mean by "displaying records from the same table at the top of the page" but you may want to check your records to make sure that you don't have any null fields (empty) fields. Sometimes, ASP's don't like that stuff coming from SQL and it causes the ODBC driver to fail. Hope it helps.

[sig][/sig]

geocabs (IS/IT--Manageme) Sep 26, 2000
I get the following error when my asp page writes to my access database.

Cannot save value "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.0; Windows 98; DigExt)" to database field "Browser_Type"
Error Description: Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status value, if available. No work was done.

Error Number: -2147217887

Error Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers

Anyone got any ideas ?
[sig][/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back