Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ODBC Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Odd26

Programmer
Jun 3, 2003
CA
Is there an ODBC Driver that I can use to import data from Gupta SQLBase to MS SQL Server 2000

Yes there is. It comes on the INFRA software disc for HDM HelpDesk Manager systems.
Unfortunately the 32-bit version on the disc is faulty & has an incorrect setup.lst file.
I do however have an intact 16-bit version?
Let me know if you locate a 32-bit version.

Can I get your 16 bit driver? I've been for two days trying to get my coldfusion 5 enterprise edition to talk to my gupta sqlbase database but is failing. CF comes with merants 32bit sqlbase odbc driver but not sure why it isnt working. I am able to verify connection in windows odbc manager though. The funny thing is if I stop and restart the cf admin service I am able to verify the connection just once but subsequent connections fail. I am looking into just importing sqlbase into ms sql and using that with cf. However the sqlbase driver that came with cf is only a temporary driver when working with sql. Looks like the driver that cf provided is some how setup to only work with in conjuntion with cf. Anyways if you can provide the 16 bit driver I would appreciate it.

rayva1@hotmail.com

Thanks.

Does anyone have the ODBC driver(s) for the SQLBase 7.x that I can use to connect to a 6.1.2 server in XP? The new driver pack is not letting me connect to the server. I thought that I read somewhere that it was not compatible to the 6.1.2 server and had to be 7 or higher. I cannot find the older drivers anywhere on the Gupta site and their email support offered no help either.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Gene

I am trying to do something similar which is importing data from SQLBase to MS SQL through VB, not ColdFusion. I have had the same errors and I am already using the SQLBase85DriverPack.zip file from the Gupta site. I don't know what else to try b/c this is still not working. I am getting the error message: "Cannot load any communication DLLs, Network may not be installed" Any ideas what this could be or how to fix it?!?! Thanks.

I talked to Gupta and they explicityl stated that the 8.x drivers are NOT backward compatible. I am also trying to connect to 6.1.2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back