Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ODBC Driver not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradhiggins

Technical User
Sep 24, 2003
Hey Guys,

I have a windows 2003 server and I can't seem to get the ODBC driver for Informix working.

I get an error -908 which means I couldn't connect, but that's about it. Is there a problem with Informix i-connect data sources and windows 2003 or any wiered security settings I haven't thought of.

The informix service is located on a HP UX box.

any help would be greatfully appreciated.

Cheers

Brad

Brad- have you resolved this yet?
If not, use the ilogin demo on the informix menu (located in informix\bin). Select File, Run, then manually type in the service, server, uid, pwd, etc. You will either get an error message (e.g. -908), or a blank records box. If the latter, everything is good up to the odbc datasource.
It seems like we had a similar problem a couple of years ago that ended up being related to setting up the windows server as a trusted source. Are you the informix dba or unix admin? If not, I can check with our dba to see if he remembers that.

Hey Cookie,

Yes the issue has been resolved. The problem boiled down to the se2 service running on a different port number to what had been assumed along with the server name being different etc.

I was going off documentation that was not updated for the current installation of informix.

Thank you for your time.

Cheers

Brad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back