Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ODBC DB2 Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

w1mnk

Programmer
Aug 9, 2002
US
I'm getting an error within Crystal Report when trying to access a remote DB2 OS/390 database.

I'm using IBM UDB 7.2 on Win2K. Crystal Reports is v 8.5

The error is:

ODBC Error [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2] SQL0551N "MYID" does not have the priviledge to perform operation "BIND" on object "SSA_DB2E.NULLID.SQLLF402", SQLSTATE=42051

This happens when I use the Crystal Data Explorer to access a table (ie SSA_DB2E.XXXXXX.XXXXX)using the ODBC option. If I select the "More Data Sources" then "DB2 Server" option in Crystal Data Explorer, I'm able to get to the table. Note that I can access other DBs (both Win2K and OS/390) using ODBC. Any ideas/pointers/tips are greatly appreciated.

Thank you, Jon

Jon,
As the error you are getting is for a BIND, I can only assume that your plan connection through Crystal Reports and ODBC is out of step, and also that you have automatic rebind turned on.

This is a pretty big guess, but would fit the scenario. Check what plan you are using and whether it is up to date. It may be that you (or your ODBC adminstrator) need to manually re bind the plan.

Hope this helps
Marc

Marc, this system administrator has said that I shouldn't need the authority to do binds for Crystal Reports. Where is the automatic rebind? Is that part of Crystal? Many thanks for the help.

Jon

Greg,
Do you mean is the database on the OS/390 enabled for ODBC? Or is it defined in my client configuration as enabled for ODBC? The answer to both is yes. And note: someone else, on a different PC, can access the DB via ODBC using my id, which indicates something is wrong on my PC for this database. I can access other OS/390 DBs using ODBC on my PC. Thanks for helping.

Jon

Hi, we use CR 8.0 and OS/390 DB2 7.1. We are able to access DB2 tables but when we try to run a stored procedure we get an error... On the same desktop we execute successfully the stored procedur from db2 connect.. The error message is :

Erro ODBC: [IBM][CLI Driver]{DB2} SQL0440N Não foi localizada função pelo nome “PROCEDURE” com argumentos compatíveis no caminho da função. SQLSTATE=42884

Sorry that it is writen in portuguese, it says: The function named "PROCEDURE" was not found with compatible arguments on the function path....

I read some posts where people say that they use theese software versions with stored procedure. We tried to contact Seagate and they told us that there was no explicit support statement for theese versions. Can anybody give some help?

Thanks

Mauricio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back