Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ODBC database Component not found

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imstillhere

IS-IT--Management
Jun 6, 2008
US
Hello and thank you for taking the time to read my question...

Our Network admin left a few days ago and I know Telecom not databases/Networking. Im trying to install an avaya softphone on my desktop..I can install them on other desktops but not mine. Im geting an error that says

Error 1919: Error configuring ODBC data source IP Soft 2050 Database,ODBC error 6: Component mot found in registry. Verify that the file IP Softphone 2050 Database exsists and that you can access it.

If someone can get started in the right direction I can probably enlist the help of one of the IT techs to get me the rest of the way.

Thank you

Did you try installing the software as admin? Right click the setup, then click "Run as administrator". It's worth a shot.

-George
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
My Blogs
SQLCop
twitter
"The great things about standards is that there are so many to choose from." - Fortune Cookie Wisdom

My account is an administrator.
But thank you.

Whether your account is an admin or not, most items do not explicitly run "AS Admin" with Windows 7.
I'd start with Re-installing the software as GMM suggested, explicitly running as Admin.

You've got questions and source code. We want both!
Here at tek tips, we provide a hand up, not a hand out.

Qik3Coder,
I uninstalled..reinstalled, went to folder the app is in..right click..run as, switched from current user (myself) entered my user pwd in RUN AS "the following user" ...same thing.
(Were on windows XP)

Thank you

ODBC error 6: Component mot found in registry.

You need to figure out which registry setting it's looking for.
You can manually add these in, but you need to be VERY careful.

I'd use a known working box for comparison of registry entries.

You've got questions and source code. We want both!
Here at tek tips, we provide a hand up, not a hand out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back