Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ODBC Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeetz1

Programmer
Nov 28, 2000
US
I have an application using Sybase Adaptive Server 8. I'm using an ODBC connection to start and connect to the database. On some computers running Windows XP when I start the application I get the "Connect to Adaptive Server Anywhere" Login screen. If I fill out all the necessary information the database starts and the application runs.

On other Windows XP computers with the exact same application and ODBC connection it starts right up the way it should without displaying the connect window.

The users on both computers have administrative priviledges.

Does anybody know why on some computers I get the connect screen and on others it starts correctly?

Thanks in advance
Jerry

Just to add additional information. I changed the SQLCA.DBParm = "Connectstring='DSN=SpeednetV2'"
to SQLCA.DBParm = "Connectstring='FileDSN=c:\Program Files\Speednet2011\speednet.dsn'" and the application started right up.

So the question is why when trying to read the registry for the connection values it opens up and empty Adaptive Server Connection screen. Its like it can't read the registry but the user has administration priveledges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back