Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ODBC --call failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenniferlynn

Technical User
Feb 28, 2003
GB
Hi,
I am having a bit of a problem with Access ODBC. I'm a bit of a novice with this, so please excuse me if I sound dim!

Basically I run a query from Access, that pulls information from an internal database and then pulls this information back into Access. I am using Windows XP and the file format is Access 2000.

Thia was running fine, but I have recently been given a new computer and this Access database was transferred onto my new machine. Everything is in place as before.

Now when I try to run a query, I get the following error message:

"ODBC --call failed"

I have checked timeout settings and have also installed every version of Jet that I can get my hands on including SP7 and SP8 and installed MDAC 2.7 and 2.8 !

Does anyone have any ideas what the problem might be?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

If you are using linked tables (split database) you will need to relink in Access on the new machine.

Hi genomon,
Sorry if this sounds stupid but the guy who set this up for me originally has now left the company. Are you able to instruct me on how to do this?
Sorry if that sounds a dumb question, I am a bit of a novice with Access!
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you

In the tables window, click on tools; select database utilities from the dropdown, then select linked table manager. Then click on select all, then OK. Hope it helps!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back