Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ODBC Call Failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solo

MIS
Nov 2, 1999
US
I am trying to link a table using ODBC but running into trouble with one table, it is getting an ODBC call failed error.<br>
<br>
I'll have checked all the network protocol and nothing really stand out to cause that error.<br>
<br>
Thanks for any inputs.<br>
<br>

Well we need more input...<br>
What are you &quot;ODBC&quot;ing to? Oracle, SQL, Encore, Dymanics etc.<br>
Has it ever worked before?<br>
Does it work on some PC's and not others?<br>
Did you create a DSN?<br>
<br>
<br>
<p> DougP<br><a href=mailto: dposton@universal1.com> dposton@universal1.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

The odbc driver is from Cystal Report driver name SOTAMAS90, company Simba Tech. and the DSN also SOTAMAS90.<br>
<br>
I've pull out the data from other table with the same driver but this table is the only table with trouble.<br>
<br>
Same problem from workstation to workstation.<br>
<br>

Call them <p> DougP<br><a href=mailto: dposton@universal1.com> dposton@universal1.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

solo,<br>
Does the message go further, ie, after the ODBC call failed message, often there is a subsequent message with more detail.<br>
If the driver worked for other tables and if fails on a certain one, you may want to check the structure of the table to make sure it has a primary key, or some other structural oddity.<br>
--Jim

I have had a similar message in the past on ODBC calls when there was no Primary key in the table.

Solo, <br>
<br>
Two things that may help..<br>
<br>
(1) You should also check your linked table to make sure that the field names are valid field names in access. <br>
(2) In the ODBC control panel settings dialog there is a trace function--turn it on to see what the difficulty may be.<br>
<br>
....ward<br>
alaskaguru<br>

Solo and all others,

I'm having a similar problem when exporting certain tables from MAS90 out to MS Access. I get a very specific error which is :Error 15 in program xxxxxx at line 0690. I've done this before successfully but now can't figure out why it's not working. I've completed all suggestions above (no primary key in either import or export - string value for field - even limited the export to only 1 field into that exact field in the Access table.) I can import that MAS90 table into Access no problem - it's exporting from MAS90 where I run into this error. HELP please.

Spacebound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back