Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ODBC and Foxpro Driver 3.50.3428.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

h3lp

Technical User
Aug 23, 2000
GB
We are having problems installing Foxpro driver version 3.50.3428.00 (using the Microsoft data access pack 97)on any machine(NT server SP4) which has any FoxPro driver version 4,5, & 6 already installed on it. I have tried renaming the version 6 VFPODBC.DLL driver and replacing this with the earlier version (3.50.3428.00)but this did nothing. I have also extracted the dll's from the cab file and copying the ones that relate to the version 3.50.3428.00 into the system 32 file. Then modified the registry to include the driver.When I go to add the driver in the system DSN I get the following error message ' The setup routine for the Microsoft Foxpro Driver could not be found.Please reinstall the driver' . Clicking on OK brings up ' Driver's ConfigDSN, ConfigDriver, or ConfigTranslator failed. Component not found in registry.' I've tried reinstalling the driver again but with no luck. I've also run regserver. If anyone can help I'd be most grateful

P.S.The reason we are trying to back level our ODBC is because of a legacy app. The 3.50.3428.00 driver is a 16 bit driver

I have the same problem. If you get any help please let me know (I'll look around for an answer too).
arcien@bigfoot.com [sig][/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back