Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

odbc an windows 2000 user group

Status
Not open for further replies.

TiCi

Programmer
Dec 23, 2003
ID
when i set an odbc connection using my user id on xp on a domain (w2k). the connection only appear when i using that id.
the question is when how to make groups or users automatically connect to the odbc's name that i've create earlier.

i hope u guys understand what i'm trying to tell u guys.. because me english is not that good. =)

and thanks before for you attention

Not sure what you're asking, but it sounds like you're creating a DSN in the user area - which is only for the logged in user. Create it in the system area - everyone can access it from there.

"I think we're all Bozos on this bus!" - Firesign Theatre [jester]

system area? how to create it in there? do you have any reference to how to create it in there? or at least, where should i start from?

Are you using ODBC data manager to create one? Then just select the system tab when before you create the DSN.

thanks.. i've tried it.. and it works.. thank u..

Cool! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back