Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ODBC Access -> Oracle (errors 911/3146)

Status
Not open for further replies.

penciled

Programmer
Sep 4, 2001
US
Hallo,
I'm trying to export an Access db to Oracle but I'm having troubles. Nothing seems to be working. I'm getting an ODBC--call failed, followed by an invalid character (#911) error.
I've created a few test tables making sure that no invalid characters are present, but the error persists.
I would appreciate greatly any help at all.
Thanks,
-Me

First, make sure the data types in Access correspond to the equivalent data types in Oracle. ( I actually make the columns names the same in Acces ansd in Oracle to avoid problems like this).

Second, if you're sure that everything is Ok with the data, your problem might be your ODBC. If you keep having ODBC failed errors, I'll suggest you reconfigure your ODBC connection using the Microsoft ODBC for Oracle. I found this version to be more reliable than the Oracle version itself. (It comes with Microsoft Office 97, 2000).

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back