Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ocx licensing issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewbadera

Programmer
Jan 27, 2002
US
Hi All-

I have a project where I find myself picking up where another individual, no longer with the company, left off. The project, from what I understand, was originally 16-bit VB 4.0. It was migrated to 32-bit 4.0, then to 6.0

With my original install of VB 6.0 Enterprise, I tried to run the project from the design time VB environment. I got complaints about threed32.ocx, grid32.ocx, and spin32.ocx. I acquired the appropriate controls, which resolved some of the issues, but still leaves me with an error relating to "License not found. This functionality is not available in design time..." I've tried 3 or 4 different versions of the ocx files. I've installed the VB6 runtime, and run VB6C.exe, which is supposed to correct said licensing issue. No luck.

Anybody out there with an answer?

Thanks in advance! :)

you may have to reinstall the design environmnet. Also, as an example, if you are using the learning edition on code from the enterprise version you will continually have problems. On another note, if the ocx belongs to another program that is no longer installed you may have problems. Just because you can see the control or find the ocx does not mean that you can use it no matter what version of the design environment you are using.

I forgot to mention, I did reinstall, from a VB 6.0 Enterprise disc set, MSDN subscription SP5, and the problems persist. I reinstalled, then reinstalled the runtime, then re-ran VB6C.exe and it still pukes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back