Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Octel VM question

Status
Not open for further replies.

technickelone

Programmer
Mar 10, 2004
US
I need to find out what Octel is like. I will be getting more involved with them soon and would like a headsup. How do you get into them from remotely. I sit behind a desk and dial into and admin Norstars,OPT11 with Mermail. When in OPT11 all you do is hit AX and your in.. On norstar you f983 and your in with Manager,,but with Octel how do you get in, do I needs to purchase software to inteface with it? How do i get it? thanks

These are questions better asked in the Octel forum, but you can get into the Octel either by direct connect to the console or Async ports, or by using a dialup communications program (like ProComm) that supports wyse50 emulation. You could also directly connect a PC running XP and Remote Desktop into it (or PC anywhere). There are alot of options, actually...

Mark

octel is just like any other voicemail ... only thing is they are still using the wyse terminal as told by websrfr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back