Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Octel "Listen Only Mailbox" 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 19, 2006
US
I'm trying to record a message for a listen only mailbox in a type 31 attendent. After recording the message as a type 1 mailbox. I play it through the attendent. I here my newly recorded message plus I hear in addition "there are no new messsages waiting, please try again later, thank you".

How do I keep the last part in quotes from playing?

I have the same class of service as other listen only type 1 mailboxes.

Where do I go?

FH

You recorded the greeting for the listen only. Go back in the listen only and delete the greeting. Then go to your regular mailbox and send a message to the type 1. Then go the the type 1, admin options, and set up your contributors list to only have your mailbox. That way, no one else can send a message to the type 1.

You are saying go into my mailbox from my desk phone and perform what procedures?

I have already added my mailbox as a contributer for this listen only mailbox.

These octel duties have recently been thrown into my lap, I cut my teeth on Intuity.

Thanks, FH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back