Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Octel O200 hard reset and admin password reset --- A little urgent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galeana77

IS-IT--Management
Sep 15, 2011
US
Hello I have 2 Octel devices that we will dispose, before that I need to make sure that all information and settings are cleared from the device, for one of the devices I have the admin code and can connect via Telnet or Hyperterminal.

To the other device I dont have the login information, is there a way to reset the account or the device to its factory settings?

Thanks for the help

If the Octel 200 has previously been installed you can type insta at the @ prompt to erease all names,greetings,messages. You have to be logged in with the maintenance password.

From the Octel manual:

"Message server has previously been installed.

To reinstall the message server, you must enter the maintenance password to initiate the reinstall.
The reinstallation begins by erasing all stored information and messages. Do not use reinstall unless you are prepared to lose all messages."

Chuck
RCT Technologies

This is what I got:

@insta
Command not allowed

How can I reset the maintenance password?

By the way, I don't care to delete all the content at the Octel, we are going to dispose it.

I would just drill holes in the disk drives or use a degaussing tool to erase the disk drives.

Chuck
RCT Technologies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back