Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Octel - not able to receive the full message

Status
Not open for further replies.

smadd

MIS
Jul 16, 2002
US
I have been having trouble receiving full VM messages for a while now. It seems to be intermittant with users retrieving vm messages. Some state that the message gets cut off, but if they keep going into vm they eventully receive the full message or sometimes if they use a different phone to retrieve their messages they will hear the full message. I'm not sure what to do at this point. I have ran the Qassist a few times now in the past three years. Do you think by running this Qassist that this could be the problem? Any input would be of great help.
Thank you,
Sue

Let us know the type and software version of your OCTEL server...
///doktor

I'm sorry.. Octel Smooth Operator 3.1 version

Sue

I don't have any experience with the Smooth Operator / Octel 50, but I have worked on the Octel 100 which is the OS 2 version. The Quick Assist program takes care of file integrity problems. The times I have seen the need to run Quick Assist stem from not shutting down the system correctly; whether it is because the system locked up and had to be rebooted, to having a power failure without a UPS backup. The other times have also been related to hardware issues (disk drive was going bad as an example). I have had good results with the Octel 100 by doing a system "renewal" where you replace common system hardware components (memory, disk drive, motherboard, power supply) to create a newer system. Maybe this is possible with the Smooth Operator.

Chuck

RCT Technologies

Hi there again!

Here is a situation I have been having stated directly from a user:

When I came in this morning I had a message.

When I tried to retrieve it I got the tutorial to set up the box, which I expected, but that shut off before I could get started. And of course I could not get anywhere near the message.

I went to another phone and set up the box and got the message, but thought you should know your fix yesterday did not work.

Now my question is, could the phone be bad or is it definitely with the VM itself?

Octel Smooth Operator 3.1, Meridian 1 opt. 61
Phones are 2009, 2216 and 2616.

any help would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Sue

Maybe the phone is bad if it does it consistently from that phone or maybe there is a bad port in the voicemail. Maybe you could call each voicemail port directly to test out that end of it. I also thought there was a debug mode that you could turn on and watch while making calls.

Chuck

RCT Technologies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back